EDUCATION · HEALTH · RELIGION

Nigeria Records Less Than 100 New Covid-19 Cases _Ada Nkong

Nigeria has recorded 97 new cases of the COVID-19 which brings the total infection recorded in the country to 57, 242 while 48,569 have recovered and 1,098 have died. The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on Sunday, revealed that the new infections were recorded in 11 states and the FCT. 46 new cases were… Continue reading Nigeria Records Less Than 100 New Covid-19 Cases _Ada Nkong

EDUCATION

Prof Florence Obi Emerges First Female Vice Chancellor of Unical_Ada Nkong

Prof Florence Obi has emerged Vice Chancellor of the University of Calabar. She contested with 7 other candidates to become the first female Vice Chancellor of the University Detaiks later.....

EDUCATION

Sanwo-Olu Announces Resumption of Schools September 21_Raphael Bichene

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says primary and secondary schools in the state will be allowed to reopen effective September 21, 2020. Schools in the country had been shut in March as part of measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease. However, the Federal Government announced the resumption of graduating pupils effective August… Continue reading Sanwo-Olu Announces Resumption of Schools September 21_Raphael Bichene

EDUCATION

UniLag Crisis: FG Asks Babalakin, Ogundipe to Step Aside_Ada Nkong

The Federal Government on Friday directed the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council of the University of Lagos, Wale Babalakin, and Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Oluwatoyin Ogundipe to recuse themselves from official duties, pending the outcome of the Special Visitation Panel set up by the President. The information was announced in a press statement signed by the Federal… Continue reading UniLag Crisis: FG Asks Babalakin, Ogundipe to Step Aside_Ada Nkong

EDUCATION

World Left Handedness Day: Switching Handedness by Dr Blessing Ntamu

Handedness refers to the preference and skillfulness in the use of one hand over another. About 90% of the world population are right handed, while the other 10% is shared between left handed people and ambidextrous people. Right handed people prefer and are more skilled in the use of their right hand. Left handed people… Continue reading World Left Handedness Day: Switching Handedness by Dr Blessing Ntamu

EDUCATION · HEALTH

NLC: Coronavirus has exposed Nigeria health, education sector_Femi Ehiabhi

The President of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, has said that the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has exposed the challenges in Nigeria’s education and health sectors. Speaking to journalists at an investiture/award ceremony organised by the Ethics Resource Center, on Wednesday, the NLC leader, Comrade Wabba, said that the outbreak of the coronavirus… Continue reading NLC: Coronavirus has exposed Nigeria health, education sector_Femi Ehiabhi

EDUCATION · HEALTH

Covid-19 guideline breach: Rivers State sacks Principals_Femi Ehiabhi

The Rivers State Government has ordered the sacking of two principals in the Emuoha Local Government Area for flouting the COVID-19 guidelines. The affected principals are those of the Community Secondary School, Elibrada, S. I. Amadi; and his counterpart in Community Secondary School, Rumuji, C.O. Ekwueme. The removal of the school principals was confirmed in… Continue reading Covid-19 guideline breach: Rivers State sacks Principals_Femi Ehiabhi

EDUCATION

Ondo closes two schools for violating coronavirus protocols_Femi Ehiabhi

Two secondary schools in Ondo State have been closed by the state government for violating COVID-19 protocols as schools resumed across the state. The two schools sealed are: CAC Grammar School, Ondo Road, Akure and Akure Academy, Oba-Ile. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Mr Akin Asaniyan, said that the schools were closed… Continue reading Ondo closes two schools for violating coronavirus protocols_Femi Ehiabhi

EDUCATION

NUC Begins Assessment of Universities Towards Resumption_Raphael Bichene

The National Universities Commission (NUC) said it is collecting data from universities to assess their readiness for resumption of academic activities. The commission also said efforts are ongoing to resolve the strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities’ (ASUU) that threatens to further delay the resumption of academic activities in the universities. The Executive… Continue reading NUC Begins Assessment of Universities Towards Resumption_Raphael Bichene