HEALTH

China records more cases as second wave of coronavirus continues_Femi Ehiabhi

The Chinese government on Thursday said it received reports of nine new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland.

The National Health Commission stated that all the new cases were imported, adding that of the nine new imported cases, three were reported in Liaoning and Shanghai each, two in Guangdong and one in Sichuan.

The health commission also stated that no new deaths related to the disease or new suspected cases were reported.

”On Wednesday, 42 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery.

”By the end of Wednesday, a total of 1,958 imported cases had been reported on the mainland.

”Of them, 1,884 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 74 remained hospitalized, with no one in serious conditions

”No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.

”As of Wednesday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,581 including 357 patients who were still being treated, with five in severe conditions.

”Altogether, 78,590 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland,” the commission said.

The commission said five people, including two from outside the mainland, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

According to the commission, 3,840 close contacts were still under medical observation after 706 people were discharged from medical observation on Wednesday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.